l Switch language for recipe in French l
Risotto with brown rice, green peas and ham
For 4 plates.
Preparation time: 10 min, cooking time: 30 to 40 min.
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 75g dices of ham
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- a bit of grated parmesan
- 1 thinly slice green onion
- Bring stock and thyme sprigs to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the dices of ham in a saucepan. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add in the saucepan the onion with olive oil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat.
- Add wine and cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1cup stock and cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion is absorbed before adding more and repeat until rice is cooked.
- Reserve remaining cup stock and discard the thyme sprigs.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in frozen peas and some grated parmesan. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add a bit of the remaining stock, stir and serve in 4 bowls.
- Add the dices of ham and top with green onions.