l Switch language for recipe in French l
For 15 Temari Sushi
Preparation time: 45 min, Refrigeration time: 1h
- 200g sushi rice
- 30ml rice vinegar
- 20g sugar
- 4g salt
- 4 slices of avocado
- 6 slices of cucumber
- 1 small carrot
- 1 leaf of nori algae
- 1 slice of ham
- 4 thin slices of raw salmon
- poppee seeds and sesame seeds
- herbs of your choice: chives, shallots, …
- plastic wrap
- Cook rice according to Sushi package instructions (it is best to use a rice cooker !).
- Put the rice in a rectangular dish to let it cool in a thin layer .
- In a bowl, combine the rice vinegar , sugar and salt. Gently heat in the microwave if the sugar and salt does not dissolve properly.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the rice , stir and cool in a thin layer .
- Cut plastic wrap and drop a piece of ham, a good tablespoon of rice and close all together by forming a ball and rolling the plastic wrap on the ends . Tighten them well and roll in the palm of the hand.
- Remove the plastic wrap , the first temari sushi is ready! Garnish with chives for example.
- Then repeat the same operation with other ingredients.
- Idea 1 : Place 2 overlapping slices of avocado instead of ham .
- Idea 2 : Place 2 slices of salmon instead of ham .
- Idea 3 : Form a rosette with the nori cut into strips.
- Idea 4: Form a ball of rice and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds .
- Idea 5: Place a layered carrot strip to a strip of avocado on the rice ball .
- Idea 6: 3 Place cucumber slices on the rice ball .
- Idea 7: Your turn !
Then place your temari sushi in the fridge for at least an hour to taste with fresh ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.