l Switch language for recipe in French l
For 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 min, Cooking time: 40min
- 1,5 kg potatoes
- 30 cl whole milk
- 20 cl thick crème fraiche + 4 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Nutmeg (optional)
- 25g butter + a bit for the mould
- 60g swiss cheese
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. You can use a mandolin for a perfect result, but be careful with your fingers!
- In a saucepan, melt the butter with milk and cream. Heat until simmering. Add salt and pepper.
- In a buttered baking dish or in small casserole dishes, put a layer of potatoes then a layer of milk/cream. Repeat the operation until finishing the ingredients or 1cm before the top of the baking dish. Be careful not to drown potatoes in milk, they should not float in the milk!
- Top with a tablespoon of cream and sprinkle with grated Swiss cheese. Bake until top browns, about 40 minutes. I advise you to place a dripping pan below the baking dish to avoid the preparation flows directly into the oven during boiling cream and milk.
You can serve this gratin with green beens and with meat in sauce.