l Switch language for recipe in French l
Spelt is a cereal discovered 10 000 years ago, in a South East of Turkey, in the mountains of Karadag. Today, this cereal arouses more and more interest for consumers conscious of their health. It is characterized by the richness and quality of its proteins ( it contains the eight essential amino acids) , rich and balanced mineral composition and interesting carotenoid content . Spelt is distinguished by its low gluten content which makes it a cereal generally well tolerated by people disturbed by these proteins. Its nutty flavor should conquer all lovers of good bread !
For 1 bread
Preparation time: 10 min , Rest time: 6h, Cooking time: 40 min
- 500g whole spelt flour
- 350 to 420 ml warm water
- 21g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dilute in a bowl fresh yeast with a little warm water and 30g of flour. Let it » bubble » for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the remaining flour , salt and sugar and mix.
- Add the remaining water gradually ( it may be that you do not need all the water) , fermented yeast and knead for 15 minutes until a homogeneous paste formed into a ball.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise for 4 hours at room temperature.
- Knead again and make the air bubbles escape . Rounding the dough and place in a cake tin . Let rise again for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Do 3 cuts in the bread and bake at 240°C. Place a bowl of water in the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes at 240 ° C then lower the oven to 210 ° C and bake an additional 20 minutes .
- Remove from pan and put in the oven a few minutes for the crust becomes crispier .