l Switch language for recipe in French l
A new idea of homemade bread, a semi-wholemeal bead with olive oil, easy to make but with a long time to prove. But don’t be afraid , there is almost nothing to do, just waiting!For flours, choose a white flour Type 65 and a wholemeal flour Type 110, preferably organic ones ! For yeast I use fresh yeast. You can replace the fresh yeast with dry yeast in the following proportions:2 tsp dried yeast = 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast = 17 g of fresh yeast . However, I find that bread is much better with fresh baker’s yeast .
Preparation time: 10min, Time to prove: 4h, Cooking time: 40min
- 250g white flour
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 10g fresh yeast
- 10g salt
- 2 càs olive oil
- warm water (about 200ml)
- Dilute the fresh yeast with a little of warm water.
- In a bowl, add flours, oil, salt and fresh yeast.
- Knead the dough and add warm water gradually until the dough forms a ball that doesn’t stick to the hand. Incorporate air in the dough.
- Cover with a cloth and allow the dough to prove for 3 hours. The dough will swell.
- Knock the air out for 30 seconds by bashing it and squashing it. You can now shape it or flavour it as required – folded, filled, tray-baked, whatever – .
- Very gently place bread dough on to a flour-dusted baking tray and let it prove for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Place the baking tray into the preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
Once cooked, place on a rack and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes.