Sweet Potato Kale Pizza
l Switch language for recipe in French l
Do you know kale ? This is a variety of cabbage that you will easily find in organic store. It drives crazy Americans and Australians and begins to be quite active in France . It is an ancient variety of cabbage that you can find in large leaves and had been somewhat neglected. It came back in force to our stalls thanks to its nutritional properties . Kale contains more vitamin C than an orange and more calcium than a glass of milk! The Anglo-Saxons integrated the kale in many of their preparation: salads, soups but also in extra vitamin smoothies !
I discovered the kale in Australia, in salads and on « healthy » pizza ! So I decided to reproduce these pizzas when » Oh happiness, » I found this in my organic shop! I do not specify in the list of ingredients below but all products are obviously organic 😉
Sweet potato kale pizza
Preparation time: 30 min, Time to rest: 1h, Cooking time: 1h (tomato sauce) + 15 min (pizza)
For 4 pizza balls
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 25cl warm water
- 7g dry baker’s yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350g wheat flour
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 can of tomato pulp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sugar lump
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 kale leaves
- 8 slices of mozzarella
- 1 handful of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- some chopped basil leaves
- grated Pecorino
- Mix the sugar and half of water in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast on the top and let rest for 8 minutes until the yeast is swollen.
- Add oil and remaining water, flour and salt.
- Mix with your hands to form a ball.
- Lay on a floured surface and knead for 8 minutes until the dough is supple and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl.
- Cover with a clean towel and let stand for 1 hour until the dough has doubled.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato sauce.
- In a pan, fry the chopped onion in a tablespoon of olive oil until lightly coloured .
- Add the tomato pulp , sugar, add salt and pepper.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, covered, over time the pizza dough rises .
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 240 ° C.
- Cut the leaves of kale along the coast and keep the leaves. Chop the leaves of kale .
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into very thin slices .
- Hit the dough with your fist to expel the air and then put the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into four and form balls .
- Spread one pizza ball into a 22cm diameter disc.
- Arrange on a plate or in a greased and floured pan.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the dough et put mozzarella slices over the tomato paste.
- Place the cherry tomatoes cut in half and sweet potato slices.
- Sprinkle kale leaves, basil and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the mozzarella is melted.
- Sprinkle with grated Pecorino.