l Switch language for recipe in French l
The croque monsieur is a famous hot sandwich made of bread , ham and Emmental . There are many variants and I have decided today to make it with creme fraiche to bring smoothness . The recipe is fast, easy to make and perfect for a lunch with a green salad or why not with a vegetable soup.
For 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 min, Cooking time: 20 min
- 8 sandwich bread slices
- 100 ml crème fraiche
- 60g swiss cheese
- 2 large slices of ham
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Place 8 sandwich bread slices on a plate.
- Spread crème fraiche on each slice.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese on 1 slice out of 2.
- Add salt and pepper on the slices without cheese.
- On the slices without cheese, add a half of ham slice, cheese and a bit of cream.
- Cover each slice of bread with ham with a slice of bread with cheese & cream, cheese on the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
You can serve these croque monsieur with a green salad with strawberries, avocado, seeds and a strawberry dressing.