l Switch language for recipe in French l
Depending of the season in your country, it may not be the right time for you to prepare this strawberries pie. But don’t be frustrated you can rather use raspberries, blackberries, or a mix of fruits of the forest. Why not try this recipe with juicy black figs?
As usual, I make a homemade pastry, shortcrust pastry or sugar dough, according to the mood. Sugar dough is a bit too sweet for me for this recipe, cream already provides enough sugar to the pie. It’s an easy recipe, you will have to cook the dough completely before assembling as strawberries (it’s the same for other red fruits) doesn’t cook.
Preparation time: 40 min, Cooking time: 35 min, Refrigeration time: 2h
- 250g flour
- 125g butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 250g mascarpone
- 200ml whipping cream
- 30g sugar
- 500g strawberries
- Icing sugar
- In a bowl, mix with your fingers, the flour with the diced butter, the egg and the salt. Add a bit of water just to moisten the dough.
- Form a ball with the dough,wrap it in a plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours before use.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the dough to 4 to 5 mm layer. Butter a pie dish and garnish with the dough.
- Bake the dough for 35 minutes (or until golden brown) after having placed dried beans on a parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the oven and remove the beans.
- Let cool the pastry.
- Whisk the mascarpone with the whipping cream and sugar until obtaining a whipped cream.
- Leave to cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut the strawberries in half.
- Place the half of cut strawberries on a plate, outside side on the top et sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Spread the mascarpone cream on the pastry.
- Place strawberries on the cream circularly by alternating a row with strawberries on the outside side and a raw with strawberries in the inside side.
- Leave to cool in the refrigerator and taste without waiting.